Sunday, April 1, 2007

Undisguised Racism in a Hungarian Weekly

The following article appeared in the 'Demokrata' this Thursday on the 29th of March. 'Demokrata' is favored by the former PM, and the leader of Fidesz, Viktor Orbán, and is thus read by tens of thousands of Hungarians.

'On the 15th of March I noticed something very peculiar. There was a nigger coming through the crowd with huge steps, his hair rasta, his clothing tawdry, his feature arrogant, he was impatiently walking around the Hungarian citizens immersed devoutly in celebrating the National Festivity. I wondered if I were in an African country walking through an armada of locals just musing with religious devotion on their liberation from oppressive colonialism, and I, instead of a banana in my hand, with the Bible and the Árpád Flag would shove away the behemoth black people with contempt, well, I don't know how long I would stay alive. And this one here doesn't give a damn. He behaves like this, because he feels he has the right to do so.'

As mentioned before, Viktor Orban has been urging his supporters to subscribe to 'Demokrata' and 'Magyar Nemzet' (a right-wing newspaper). Many dislike these two written mediums blaming that it is biased and have frequent racist outbursts.


(Source: Demokrata)

No comments:

Google